• Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    New

My wordpress site is slow and always has been

My managed wordpress site is unbelievably slow.  It really always has been.  I called support and they said that it was the theme.  I disagree because I don't think that the theme impacts the Dashboard's ability to create pages, save changes to content, and over all move around in it.

Thoughts?

9 REPLIES 9
    Super User II Super User II
    Super User II

Re: My wordpress site is slow and always has been

Did you run a speed test? Maybe doing so will give you an idea of what the issues are:

https://gtmetrix.com/

It's a good place to start!  HTH! 😉

Judith
    "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Thomas Edison

Super User III
    Super User III

It absolutely could be the theme. A poorly coded theme or plugin can kill your WordPress site no matter how well it's optimized overall.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

New

it may have nothing to do with theme, my site was also slow at this time, called GD and the problem is with their servers hosting....they need to fix these

New

Even my admin panel is slow.  That seems like it wouldn't be related to the theme at all.

My website too.

Admin panel TOO SLOW.

Re: My wordpress backed is too slow

Hi,

My Website is https://oneclickvisas.com/

My word press admin panel is too slow. Website speed is good but admin panel not working well. Please guide me what can i do. I am not able to post regularly. Please resolve my issue. 

Super User III
    Super User III

Re: My wordpress backed is too slow

@visasadvice7 

Yesterday I was also experiencing slowness across multiple site on the Managed WordPress Platform. The symptom was that I would click on Pages for example and it would take about 30-45 seconds to load and if I clicked on a specific page it would just spin and spin and then load. 

Additionally I was getting some 502 and 503 errors. 

Upon investigating / talking with GoDaddy this appeared to be a networking issue. As of this morning (6:30 eastern) it seemed to be resolved (or mostly resolved) based on the spot check I just did on the sites I noticed it on yesterday.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

May be your Theme and your image sizes would be reason for your slow website issue. So Check your theme and smush your High Quality and High size images. then for sure you will get good results. Check our My website i also done this Processor.

Visit my Website: https://avsimmigration.in

May be your Theme and your image sizes would be reason for your slow website issue. So Check your theme and smush your High Quality and High size images. then for sure you will get good results. Check our My website i also done this Processor.

Visit my Website: http://befit11.com