• GoDaddy Community
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Private: Blog at top of page – any way to change this wording on posts?

I am using posts as a way to archive press releases and articles. First, the posts are definitely public, not private, and that is the first odd thing I'm experiencing for it to say "Private: Blog." But no matter what is going on there, I would like to change that wording altogether anyway. The press release title is fine below but I would like the posts that I have categorized as Press Releases to say "Press Releases" and those as Articles to say "Articles" and not a "Blog" at all, whether stated as Private or Public. I am using the Mins theme of Managed Wordpress, and to complicate things further, I am also using Beaver Builder. I prefer not to do any coding if I can avoid it so if the answer is not to do posts at all and create pages instead somehow and use a plug-in to manage, I am good with that (I have tried different plug-ins but they all require posts to feed into them so I'm still left with the stupid "Private: Blog" header on my page). Just looking for a solution organizing press releases and articles in this theme because nothing has worked so far!

4 REPLIES 4
    Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

Re: Private: Blog at top of page – any way to change this wording on posts?

@fignewton 

It sounds as if the "Blog" Page (Pages -> All Pages -> find one labeled Blog front page) has been labeled as private

In terms of getting the Article vs Press release - if you do http://yourdomain.com/category/articles you should get just the articles  (and hopefully will say articles in the title area)

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Rockstar I Rockstar I
    Rockstar I
    Solution

Hi @fignewton ,

Just wanted to see if a tool like https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-rss-aggregator/ might help you with some of your archiving?  I don't have an affiliate link or anything (though I probably should!) but I have used it successfully for years.  You have a ton of feed control in the pro version.

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites

Hi @PL281!

Your suggestion has helped me make my first sign of progress towards a solution! Thank you!! I'm still trying to figure out how to categorize everything but I feel confident that this can work now. I appreciate you responding to my question!

Hi @JMPepper!

Thank you for the suggestion – I received another response that is looking like it's going to help me with my initial issue; however, I'll look at the link you provided. I appreciate you responding to my question!