• Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

SSL certificate not installed which was promised during the purchase

Hi,
    I purchased Godaddy wordpress managed hosting plan few days back. At the time of purchase, I could see that the basic plan has a free SSL certificate installed. I have the screenshots as well.
    Now, my account shows that I need to buy an SSL certificate separately.

I feel cheated by godaddy as it showed different advantages of buying wordpress managed hosting basic plan (with free SSL) before the purchase and changed their inclusions after purchasing it.

I'm not getting the services I was promised at the time of purchase.

I'm mailing Godaddy support team since a week and they are also not responding.

It is highly unprofessional and unethical conduct.

Kindly resolve this issue asap. I'll be really grateful.

Thanks in Advance!

4 REPLIES 4
    Super User IV

@gl_nidhi 

We are end users like you and cannot address account specific issues like this. I have been running Managed WordPress for about 2-3 years now and to the best of my knowledge you always needed the Ultimate package to get the free SSL with it.

GoDaddy does not have email support - you would need to either chat or speak with them on the phone.

Hope this helps

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Community Manager

Hi @gl_nidhi. Sorry you're experiencing some disappointment. At this time, we only offer free SSL Certificates on our Ultimate and above plans. Feel free to share your screenshots of the page as well as the full page URL, and I'd be happy to take a closer look at what happened. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Screenshot 2020-09-12 at 5.48.05 PM.pngScreenshot 2020-09-12 at 5.42.11 PM.png

Thanks for your kind response.

I've attached the screenshots I took at the time of purchase. Kindly explain "auto-installed SSL certificate" mentioned under Basic wordpress hosting plan.