cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Authorization error when changing name servers to Wix name servers

When changing the name servers for a (.nl) domain to Wix name servers the change is not accepted and I receive an email stating: 

We couldn't complete your domain changes.

The modifications you requested for domainname.nl have failed.

This is the error we received: : Autorization error

Please call us at 480-505-8877 or visit online support for additional help.

Now, calling support is no help because I have to wait an estimated 15 minutes, the online support is a FAQ with no answer for this problem.

I do know how to change name servers in the GoDaddy interface, did it hundreds of times without problems.

I am using name servers and IP addresses provided by Wix and have to assume they are correct. 

ns6.wixdns.net  (216.239.32.100)

ns7.wixdns.net  (216.239.34.100)

Any help would be appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Authorization error when changing name servers to Wix name servers

Hi @PRGary787. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! You may have seen this, but the About .NL domains article states "All .nl domain names must have two (2) authoritative nameservers. Before you register or update the domain, you must list only those nameservers in its zone file." The error you've indicated would suggest that this isn't happening with the nameservers in question. You can usually check this by looking up the domain on the nameservers using a dig tool. If you can verify that the nameservers do meet the requirement above, then your next step would be to get in touch with our customer care team

Please keep in mind that this is a community forum rather than a support form. Users here do not have access to internal GoDaddy systems and generally aren't able to assist with issues that would require such access.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Thanks, Jesse.

I guess the only way to get this fixed is biting the bullet and waste some time and try to keep calm while waiting for a long time on the phone to get support. I wish GoDaddy had email or forum based support..

Community Manager
Community Manager

@PRGary787 - I understand. If you don't wish to call, you can reach out to our chat support team. They are available Monday - Friday, 5 am to 6 pm (UTC/GMT -7) on the United States - English version of our Help page. I know that's not quite email or forum support, but it's at least another option. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
Solution

Thanks, Jesse.

For now I found a workaround: adding an A-record with the IP address of the Wix site on the DNS settings on one of my servers.