cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

CNAME, SRV, TXT records not propagated (even after 48 hours)

Over 48 hours ago I created several DNS records (including CNAME, SRV, TXT). These have not propagated.

On a mac os terminal, when I run the following command...

hosts -a mileoneteams.com

...I see the MX records I set up, but none of the other 12 records. When I use an external DNS lookup tool I see similar results (https://www.ultratools.com/tools/dnsLookupResult for example).

ONE NOTE: I am using the Domain Forwarding feature (to redirect non-www subdomain requests to www.) but I can't see how this would affect the other DNS records I set up (which show up just fine in the GoDaddy DNS management web interface).

How can this be solved?

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: CNAME, SRV, TXT records not propagated (even after 48 hours)

Hi @jswanson. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! The most common cause of what you're seeing is an improperly formatted record. Check out this post for more information on that. However, if it's not that, then there could be an issue with the zone file for your domain. If that's the case, you'll want to contact our customer care team so they can take a look. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.