cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Can't Change Nameservers of Domains I Bought

I have a domain zeesofts.com registered under my account, however I don't see the option to change the nameservers. There is a message on top i.e

We can't display your DNS information because your nameservers aren't managed by us.

As I have set custom nameservers in the past, but now there is no option to change them again. Please advice or look into the matter.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @w3bp0rt4l,

Welcome to the Community!

Your domain appears to be expired with Protection. In other words, while your domain is no longer active, the Protected Registration keeps it in your account for 1 year beyond expiration to avoid loss of the domain to you. In order to update the nameservers, the domain must be active. You will need to go into the account and renew your domain. Once it's active, you should have no problem updating the nameservers. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User IV

@w3bp0rt4l 

The first thing I would suggest is to try a private browsing window

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Hi @w3bp0rt4l,

Welcome to the Community!

Your domain appears to be expired with Protection. In other words, while your domain is no longer active, the Protected Registration keeps it in your account for 1 year beyond expiration to avoid loss of the domain to you. In order to update the nameservers, the domain must be active. You will need to go into the account and renew your domain. Once it's active, you should have no problem updating the nameservers. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post