cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Can't login as admin to WP

This is my first time buying a domain and trying to create a website. My problem is as following: I bought a domain from Godaddy, and i am being hosted by Hostgator and i cant login as admin to WP.

I have tried domainname.com/wp-admin    /admin    /wp-admin/    and nothing works.

i only get a  403 forbidden Request forbidden by administrative rules. Or the page is only refreshing and goes back to where it says that THE PAGE IS PARKED FOR FREE BY GODADDY. 

I have read a lot and nothing seems to help me. 

Hope you understand my problem. 

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @vytriolynk,

Welcome to the Community!

Your domain is resolving to a parked page until you direct the domain to the IP address of the hosting plan you're using. Contact your hosting provider to obtain the IP address of the server there, where you have your WordPress website. Then update/change the A Record on the DNS of your domain at GoDaddy, to the IP address they provide. Once you make that change, allow 24-48 hours before seeing your website or logging into your WP-admin. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @vytriolynk,

Welcome to the Community!

Your domain is resolving to a parked page until you direct the domain to the IP address of the hosting plan you're using. Contact your hosting provider to obtain the IP address of the server there, where you have your WordPress website. Then update/change the A Record on the DNS of your domain at GoDaddy, to the IP address they provide. Once you make that change, allow 24-48 hours before seeing your website or logging into your WP-admin. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

Thank you for the reply. I will try this and then i guess i will reply with an update.

Thank you again!

Yes, you were correct. I talked a lot with the host of the server and Godaddy and i solved the problem.

Thanks a lot. Have a great day.