cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Creating FTP user - pending setup problem

I am trying to creat few ftp users. But for more than 3 hours their status is " PENDING SETUP".

Anyone has some similar experience?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Creating FTP user - pending setup problem

Yes... 5 hours for me.

All other active FTP accounts return "530 User cannot log in." too.

Hi @1239

In order to look at your specific hosting plan and determine the issue you are having in setting up the FTP user, it may be best for you to get a hold of one of our customer support agents. 

1. Please go to http://support.godaddy.com/ for additional information. See the subject options on the top for our online FAQs and scroll to the bottom for the option to chat with a representative right away.

2. For product-specific or account management support, please go to the following link: https://www.godaddy.com/help?ci=

Or you can use the number most convenient to you below.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support
New

Exactly the same issue. I have a Pending Setup going on for hours and now a Pending Update that's been going on for about 20 minutes. I also tried to change the password of my primary FTP and it renamed it to one I had previously deleted. Such a simple operation as creating an FTP account or changing a password turns into a nightmare with this company.

New

Seems this issue has not been addressed.  I still have a "Pending" password change that is going on 14 hours.  I thought maybe creating a new user would be quicker (lol) so I did that just now, but it's just stuck in pending mode.  Why does this process take so long?  I cannot login with an FTP client until this gets fixed.  And logging into GoDaddy to use their browser or Java client is not really a good solution.

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Hello @FDvps!

Thank you for posting. Changing your FTP password can take up to 24 hours. If it is still pending after that, I'd recommend you reach out to our support team to have them review. 

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support