cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

.DK Domain not resolving

I have a domain at GoDaddy (pengejunglen.dk) and host my site at Siteground. The domain doesn't resolve, however. I have waited over 72 hours.

I have talked to both Godaddy's support and Siteground's support. They both say everything is working correctly at their end - which leaves me with a domain name that doesn't resolve and kinda out of ideas.

Does anyone have any idea what may be wrong?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: .DK Domain not resolving

Hi @Jon1234. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! There are actually special steps you have to take to update the nameservers for a .dk domain. This is detailed in our about dk domains help article. Here is what it says:

Nameservers can only be used if they're registered at HostmasterDK and the domain is correctly activated by the domain owner.

To update your nameservers, you must contact the .dk registry and give them the URL, your phone number and email address. You'll then receive an email from the registry prompting you to go to the site to acknowledge your nameserver change. You can also make the request through the registry.

I hope that helps.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
New

I'm here for the same issue. Domain with GoDaddy. Used a new.domain while it was being built. Tried to switch over to just domain and now looks like I've broken it all! And can't get into Wordpress.
Tearing my hair out right now :-(

Community Manager
Community Manager

HI @Loz1. Your issue actually sounds like it could be quite different than @Jon1234's unless it's a .dk domain. If it is, feel free to share the domain here. Otherwise, I'd recommend creating your own topic and including your domain name as well as the way your site is being built. Thanks! 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Thanks for the reply @JesseW , I appreciate it. I already did all the steps you provided.

This has been going on for 10 days with back and forth with Siteground, and Godaddy.

I think I have found the error which I have relayed to Siteground.

Apparently, their nameservers are not recognized by hostmaster.dk (the .dk registry). This is because Siteground has not yet completed its application for their nameservers.

This was confirmed by hostmaster.dk and the fact that my domain resolves if I use the IP of the Siteground nameservers.

I find that pretty amateurish.

I'll keep this thread updated.

Thanks for the reply @JesseW , I appreciate it. I already did all the steps you provided.

This has been going on for 10 days with back and forth with Siteground and Godaddy.

I think I have found the error which I have relayed to Siteground.

Apparently, their nameservers are not recognized by hostmaster.dk (the .dk registry). This is because Siteground has not yet completed its application for their nameservers.

This was confirmed by hostmaster.dk and the fact that my domain resolves if I use the IP of the Siteground nameservers.

I find that pretty amateurish.

I'll keep this thread updated.

Solution

My issue was resolved. The problem was with Siteground. They had not completed their registration of the nameservers with DKhostmaster (the Danish domain registry).