cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Delegate Access

So I have given access to one of the website members in order for them to help with the administration of the site. They were sent the request, they accepted the request then were taken to a login to godaddy. They don't have a login to godaddy? What are they supposed to login with? I just wish the instructions were written more practically. I wonder if they write the instructions without actually carrying out the actions. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Super User III

Hi @jamesyboyz,

Welcome to the Community!

Here's an article that will help you understand what actions a delegate can take in your account with this special access. If you want them to manage your website on a cPanel hosting plan, setting up a new FTP user for them would be the way to go (instead of an account delegate). If you have our website builder, they will not be able to work on the design of the website without your password access. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User III

Hi @jamesyboyz,

Welcome to the Community!

Here's an article that will help you understand what actions a delegate can take in your account with this special access. If you want them to manage your website on a cPanel hosting plan, setting up a new FTP user for them would be the way to go (instead of an account delegate). If you have our website builder, they will not be able to work on the design of the website without your password access. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post