cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Domain Forwading not canceling Successfully

Hello, please I recently bought a domain(ucheogbu.com) with Godaddy on 03-02-2020, and I tried to test the domain forwarding feature, after testing it and making sure it was working, I canceled it and created an A record pointing to the IP address I want to point the domain name to. The issue I am having now is that the domain name is still forwarding to the website I used to test the forwarding feature and my dashboard is showing that I don't have domain forwarding active at the moment. I read that sometimes it takes up to 48 hours for these changes to propagate, but then it has been more than 96hours since I made these changes. Also if I attempt to forward it to a new domain, it returns an error. Please, guys, I would appreciate any help I can get from you. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@Ucheogbu 

This looks to be updated as it's going to a 18. IP address where as if it was forwarding it would be a 184. ip address

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User IV

@Ucheogbu 

This looks to be updated as it's going to a 18. IP address where as if it was forwarding it would be a 184. ip address

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post