cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain Forwarding

I have forwarded my domain to my other page hopefully correctly, I u understand it takes up to 48 hours, now I will need to be changing the forwarding link every ten days or so will I have to wait up to 48 hours every time?
2 REPLIES 2
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Domain Forwarding

@Kimsam75 wrote:
I have forwarded my domain to my other page hopefully correctly, I u understand it takes up to 48 hours, now I will need to be changing the forwarding link every ten days or so will I have to wait up to 48 hours every time?

@Kimsam75 Yes, each time you update the forwarding it will more than likely take at least 24-48 hours for all visitors to be forwarded to the updated site.

---

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Domain Forwarding

Hi @Kimsam75. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! Actually, changing the forwarding once it's already in place should only take a few minutes. The delay comes from changing the domain's DNS. Since you're not changing that when you edit your forwarding, it should usually be a short wait. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.