cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Domain Renewal small print!

I received emails stating my Domains were due to renew 19th March.

I went to cancel most of them today to be informed they had renewed 2 days ago on the 5th March!!!

Why/How come? 

Apparently with co.uk domains they renew 2 weeks earlier......NO ONE INFORMED US OF THIS however apparently it is in the very very small print at the bottom of the renewal notice.

BE AWARE - apparently the renewal date only applies for .com domains and others are not covered.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Pretty sneaky of Go Daddy and not what I would expect in this day and age from a supposed reputable company.

I have appealed and lets see what happens however watch this space on FB and social media.

3 REPLIES 3
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Domain Renewal small print!

@Vossy wrote:

I received emails stating my Domains were due to renew 19th March.

I went to cancel most of them today to be informed they had renewed 2 days ago on the 5th March!!!

Why/How come? 

Apparently with co.uk domains they renew 2 weeks earlier......NO ONE INFORMED US OF THIS however apparently it is in the very very small print at the bottom of the renewal notice.

BE AWARE - apparently the renewal date only applies for .com domains and others are not covered.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Pretty sneaky of Go Daddy and not what I would expect in this day and age from a supposed reputable company.

I have appealed and lets see what happens however watch this space on FB and social media.

@Vossy Most of these policies are put in place by the central registries of the domain extensions. All you have to do is contact Godaddy with your receipt number to get a refund and have the domains canceled. End of story.

---

New

Thanks but not according to GoDaddy Support.

I have raised a complaint and await a response.

I just don't want others to get fleeced like I have.

Super User II
Super User II
Solution

@Vossy wrote:

Thanks but not according to GoDaddy Support.

I have raised a complaint and await a response.

I just don't want others to get fleeced like I have.

@Vossy As long as it falls in these guidelines you'll be able to request a refund for a domain renewal. I do it all the time. 

https://www.godaddy.com/agreements/showdoc.aspx?pageid=19963&prog_id=PROG_ID

----