cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Domain Sold out from under me

My domain was sold right from under me due to late payment and not receiving notifications regarding payment.

Is there anything I can do to get my domain back from the new owner that has parked it and has it for sale?

Anthony

2 REPLIES 2
Helper IV
Helper IV
Solution

Re: Domain Sold out from under me

No. Sadly, if you don't have the correct email address, don't get your notifications (due to spam or whatever), or an email that you check in your account and you miss all of the notifications (many sent over several months) the domain will expire, then go to the expired domains auction, then be placed back into public domain for registration if no one backorders it or buys it at auction. Once someone else purchases it, it is theirs, so the only thing you can do it contact them and see if they will sell it to you.

I know it's not what you want to hear, but that's just the way it is. There is no way to undo the expiration and resale process. (please don't shoot the messenger).

A few things you can do to safeguard against this in the future:

1. Buy protected registration. If you have this, your domain should not be lost if it expires. This is a premier service and you are paying for that protection.

2. Log into your account periodically to make sure your email address and credit card info up to date.

3. Log into your account to see if anything is renewing anytime soon.

4. Put auto renew on all of your products.

5. Check your spam folder and make sure to whitelist GoDaddy's email address

Sorry to hear and hopefully you can reach the buyer and he or she is a reasonable person and will sell it to you for a reasonable price (unless it's not worth buying back)

P.S. - I do not work for GoDaddy, but I used to which is why I am familiar with this process. It is more common that you would think.

Re: Domain Sold out from under me

i own WorldMart.us   and i insisted it be spelled that way almost two years ago i wanted a .com  you told me i had a bunch of choices  but not .com   so bought  WorldMart.us  from you.