cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HYasir
New

Domain and Hosting

Hi there, I have been using Namecheap for a long time but have many issues with their hosting services. I have a live website that I want to transfer from Namecheap to Godaddy without any downtime. What is the best practice to transfer the domains and hosting without any downtime?

1 REPLY 1
PL281
Super User II

@HYasir 

Here are the steps I would do 

1) Purchase a server from GoDaddy and transfer all your files

I see you are running WordPress - You have an option getting a cPanel server and continuing to use CloudFlare OR you can get a Managed WordPress account which has it's own CDN and caching thereby removing the need for CloudFlare

2) Once you have copied the site over to the GoDaddy server you can update the IP address in CloudFlare - if you decide to use Managed WordPress - just update the IP and set it bypass CloudFlare

3) If you also want to transfer the domain - You would then purchase the domain transfer and do the transfer.

4) Optional - If you no longer needed CloudFlare you would update the DNS to the default DNS and put in all your DNS entries into the the GoDaddy DNS

A note: The Managed WordPress sites/server does not include email - so if you are currently using your existing server at NameCheap for email as well you'll want to make sure to get a cPanel server OR move your email to an email service (Google / Office365 / other)

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community