cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Domain forwarding not working. Please HELP.

Hi friends - It's been 1 week and I have tried everything and I cannot figure out why my domain forwarding is not working.  I have read through all Help and contacted support 2x but they couldn't figure it out either. 

My domain is sahivalue.com and since my website is hosted on Zoho Sites I have created a CNAME record with "www" as Name and "zhs.zohosites.in" as Value.  I don't have any A record.

Now when I try forwarding to www.sahivalue.com (when someone types in "sahivalue.com" I want them to go to www.sahivalue.com) I keep getting an error "There was an error processing your request. Please try again. If this issue continues, contact support."

I contacted Zoho and their network engineer spent the entire day debugging this issue apparently but they couldn't figure it out.  They said this setup works for all of their customers and the issue seems to be at the Godaddy end.  Godaddy is not helping and I am stuck :(. Will greatly appreciate if someone can point me in the right direction.  Thanks

Screenshot 2020-06-11 at 9.30.45 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes :). 😀 Third time was the charm.  Last night I had a 2.5 hour chat session with Go Daddy.  It took them 1 hour to start chatting.  Another hour was spent in convincing the tech that this was a GoDaddy issue and not a Zoho sites one.  He finally agreed to speak with the "advanced" team and they made some internal config changes and it started working magically 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User IV

@amitmgupta 

I would suggest deleting the forward and then re-add it. Once you add the forwarding there should be an @ A record added.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Please note there is no forwarding currently. I am "trying" to forward as per instructions from zoho sites - https://help.zohosites.com/domain-mapping

But when I try saving domain forwarding (as per the above instructions), I keep getting an error. Their network engineer debugged it for a day and then gave up and said it's a godaddy issue since none of their godaddy customers are facing this issue.  This has been going on for the past one week 😞

so basically, www.sahivalue.com works but sahivalue.com doesn't work.

@amitmgupta 

It looks like this is working now

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Yes :). 😀 Third time was the charm.  Last night I had a 2.5 hour chat session with Go Daddy.  It took them 1 hour to start chatting.  Another hour was spent in convincing the tech that this was a GoDaddy issue and not a Zoho sites one.  He finally agreed to speak with the "advanced" team and they made some internal config changes and it started working magically 🙂

View solution in original post