cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Domain letters from other providers

why am I getting letters from other domain providers, stating that the domains I purchased from here is available through them , I am concerned that I purchased domains that are pretty much worthless.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Super User 2020

@SciroccoR 

If you are referring to domain registry of america or similar - what they do is send something that looks like a renewal invoice but is really a solicitation to transfer the registration to them. Also there are groups that purchase the daily renewal / domain registration reports and cold call / solicit to try to get business

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Hi @SciroccoR,

Welcome to the Community!

The previous reply from @PL281 is correct. Such deceptive mailings are not new and do not indicate any value (good or bad) on your name - other than the desire to have you transfer and renew with that company. Also note carefully what you are being sold. Never provide your domain authorization code to anyone (lest they get you to unwittingly transfer). And many will LOOK like a renewal, but be actually selling you SEO services and listings for your domain. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

3 REPLIES 3
Super User 2020

@SciroccoR 

If you are referring to domain registry of america or similar - what they do is send something that looks like a renewal invoice but is really a solicitation to transfer the registration to them. Also there are groups that purchase the daily renewal / domain registration reports and cold call / solicit to try to get business

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

thanks for your response @PL281, its cleared up any of my concerns...cheers

Hi @SciroccoR,

Welcome to the Community!

The previous reply from @PL281 is correct. Such deceptive mailings are not new and do not indicate any value (good or bad) on your name - other than the desire to have you transfer and renew with that company. Also note carefully what you are being sold. Never provide your domain authorization code to anyone (lest they get you to unwittingly transfer). And many will LOOK like a renewal, but be actually selling you SEO services and listings for your domain. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support