cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Domain renewal

Hi,

my domain will auto renew in 10 days. What is the price that will be charged? Why is that not stated?

If I manually renew can I use coupon code for a discount?

Are there such codes?

I want to renew up front for next 3 years. How to do that? Is then the cost per year  lower?

Thanks

40 REPLIES 40
Anonymous
Not applicable
Solution

Re: Domain renewal

Hi @mike_45345,

your auto renew price will be for the same time period as when you first paid for that service. If you took it out for 3 years for example, then it will auto renew for that same time period. 

Coupons are generally for new products or services though you could contact support for verification on this. 

😊

Honestly, the website SHOULD list what the auto-renew length is.  You cannot find this information anywhere in the management options when selecting a domain, it is either on or off.  Nowhere does it say the length and cost of the auto-renew, at least not that I can find at the moment. 

This information is being withheld to maximize customer commitment? 

I want to renew a .com domain and godaddy asks me about 50$. Is it reasonable?

I hope they do not charge money for tranferring domains to another registrar.

Domain renewal

How to get discount in godaddy renewal?

no

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there @anonvenom

Thanks for posting in the Community! If you're interested in talking with someone about renewing your domain and are looking for help with pricing, the best bet for you is to call our Customer Support team and talk with them. You can reach them 24 hours a day/7 days a week at 

(480) 505-8877. All the best to you!
Rachel

Okay, so why not tell us that up front?  I don't want to dig through records from three years ago just to find out how much you're asking me to pay next week and I shouldn't have to.  I am absolutely floored that there's no information on pricing -anywhere- in active domain info even when that domain is up for imminent renewal.

I have a domain called -
Mobilemassiveprofits.us
But I can't locate it and I'm sure it needs renewal, how do I find it and renew it?

Thank you,
Ray

Hello, I just realized my domain edenkhtravel.com expired since May 2, 2017. I am going to renew it, but when go to renewals and billing my domain was not listed. Pleas help me how can i renew this domain. Thanks

Thomas

Employee
Employee

Hello @Thomas1999!

Thank you for posting. Expired domains are renewed differently than others. You can use this guide to recover your expired domain

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

I agree - This seems very shady ... they PURPOSELY don't tell you what renewal costs are going to be. you must have something to hide ... namely you intend to jack up the prices and we only find out when it's too late. Nice......

hello,

My domain (and hosting plan) expire at 12th June 2017 , can I renewed domain (and hosting) at 16th June 2017 .... without fear of suspension ?

Thanks

New

I, too, am dumbfounded that I cannot find the price of my renewal online, when I can see everything else about my domain!  Why don't you present this information up front???

Domain renewal

Hello. I'm from Russia, so I use an interpreter, because I do not understand and speak English very well. I am writing about the cancellation of the renewal of the domain by subscription, I do not use it anymore, but you have already withdrawn money from the account. Please return my money to my card!

You have unquestionably withdrawn money from my card for an unused domain, which I bought a year ago, it did not come in handy (but it does not matter). The important thing is that at that time I could not think that you without my knowledge will withdraw money from my card for the next year! I ask you to return my money!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @freedomarth,

1. You can't register a domain, then say that you never used it. While registered by you you are using it. You are using up one of a non infinite IP addresses that someone else could be using instead. 
  2. When you use auto renew you are agreeing that money can indeed be withdrawn at specific dates for renewal of registration of your domain. So therefore because of your initial consent, you did have knowledge. This is like trying to argue about mortgage payments automatically going out of your bank account after agreeing to pay monthly payments. 
  3. You should have cancelled the auto renew service and you wouldn't have been charged. Then your domain would have expired. 
  4. You should speak with support about your 'unused' domain...... live chat Arizona local time 5am-6pm Mon to Fri. 
  5. Best of luck. 

Hello. With support, I can not contact, because you can only contact by phone, I wrote above that I do not know the English language, I use Google translator. By the word "unused" I meant that it was never useful, I understand that it's silly of me to talk about this, but I do not ask for money for the period of its use from the very beginning, I just want to note that I did not need it, And then they wrote off money for the second year too! The auto-renewal service of the domain was clearly hidden, I did not see anything like it. If I saw, I would turn it off immediately!

In the end, how can I contact support, except by phone?

I see a similar question was solved. I will not leave until I get the money back. The more I do not plan to use the domain and the term has just begun.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @freedomarth,

Good luck but this 'solution' only shows the refund policy, and phone numbers............

Please read the refund policy fully.......... to save wasting time and getting vexed.

Good luck!!

Good luck? What does it mean? I told you that I'll be vexing you with weeks, months, but I'll return my money. Because they were written off fraudulently - because the auto-renewal button of the domain was not at the time of purchase of the domain! Repeat a hundred more times? No problem! When you withdraw money from my card, in an insolent manner, and I am against it, this is called fraud and nothing else!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@freedomarth wrote:

Good luck? What does it mean? I told you that I'll be vexing you with weeks, months, but I'll return my money. Because they were written off fraudulently - because the auto-renewal button of the domain was not at the time of purchase of the domain! Repeat a hundred more times? No problem! When you withdraw money from my card, in an insolent manner, and I am against it, this is called fraud and nothing else!

Hi @freedomarth,

and this is why I wished you luck and hoping to save you getting vexed! Because you are adamant that a 'fraud' has been committed and I am advising you, honestly, it has not. Auto renew service is not a fraudulent service. It saves people loosing months, years worth of valuable (certainly if a developer hand coded it) work because they forgot a payment date. It is not much different to a 'direct debit' or 'standing order' payment at your bank. Even your SKY TV does this, it is a common and acceptable business practice and before signing and agreeing to the terms of service, you really need to read 'the small print' and EUA's.

I wished you luck in a goodwill way. As in "I hope support can help you" because at the end of the day they are employees and have to abide by those same terms of service and EUA's and those same refund policy guides! 

So......... good luck! 

Please don't waste your time 'vexing' (trolling by another name) me as I will simply ignore you. 

Хорошего дня :-)

Ignore? You have a refund in the rules, what are you trying to prove to me? Nothing you can not prove to me. Does this attitude to clients mean to you? So you are important reputation? I will go through all the forums with the screenshots of our correspondence. What happened to me is clearly not your first time, and you deny it to everyone? This is fraud and nothing else!

Specifically comment on the fact that the frame. Here everything is said about the return. You have 1080 hours for this!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@freedomarth,

like I said...... good luck I hope they can help...... go for it!

You have been advised and you have been advised to contact support. There is nothing more I can do or even want to do for such a nasty person taking it out on myself for not telling you what you want to hear, rather what you need to hear, namely that ONLY support can help you, or not and that reading the refund policy will perhaps save you wasting time....................

Now stop being silly and contact support and you may get a refund!!

You will be blocked and ignored from now on as you are just trolling me and really don't deserve my help.............. bye!

I thought you would help me with a refund. Wrote the same initially that it is impossible to talk on the phone in English, I speak Russian. Can you advise me the mail, or how can I apply for support in writing, instead of arguing with me and being rude? You can not understand my emotions? Put yourself in my place.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok @freedomarth,

i will try and help though you must realise this, I do not work here at godaddy, more of an internship!! I volunteer my time. I have other duties to perform in my day and my time is valuable that I offer. 

I accept feelings can run high and I really am sorry we got off on a bad start. 

If you can not access chat because of your location there is a workaround by using a proxy server based in the USA or Europe and going on the main godaddy home page. Sooner or later a pop up chat box will appear. If you need help with proxy servers then check all my posts today as I was informing someone else with added links. Or later today I can post them to you in a reply post. 

If you need further assistance just say. 👍

A copy of my post about proxy servers:

Re: Where Do I Find Live Chat Support On Godaddy's Page
Hi @Andrewnwagu,
firstly (because Firefox is universal and a really good browser) do this (after downloading free Firefox):
https://customers.trustedproxies.com/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=37;

Then:
http://www.techgyd.com/2013-top-10-best-free-proxy-websites-secure-trusted-malware-free/1197/

please note, I make no guarantee's as to the usefulness or safety of these proxy servers. You should do your own research and make your own choice.

Just don't use them with passwords etc just to be safe, as remember these are men-in-the-middle. If you then go onto the main godaddy page and stay there long enough, our good old friend "The pop-up-help-guy" will appear asking if you would like to chat............. Voila!!

But personally, I think a phone call is much less hassle or even just keep asking and searching for answers here. Most Pro members will accept screen shots by email to help solve problems and can even be granted access (temp or permanent) to your account to access either by GUI, or SSH to solve your problems.
Best of luck.
0 Kudos

Thank you! I solved my problem, thanks to you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @freedomarth,

This is what it's all about Smiley Happy

I am pleased I was able to help you get a positive result Smiley Happy

Best Regards... take care..

Smiley WinkSmiley Happy thank you again

New

Renew a domain

Hi.

I want to renew my domain org.ve but your system has some problems. 

Please check and write me back.

Metodi

Employee
Employee

Re: Renew a domain

Hi @Metodi

Thank you for your post. .VE (org.ve) domains have specific renewal restrictions. 

.ve domains cannot be renewed before the day they expire.

Explicit renewals are allowed as long as doing so does not bring the expiration date two or more calendar years in the future. For example, if a .ve domain is set to expire on December 31, 2014, a renewal to December 31, 2015 could be processed on January 1, 2014, but not on December 31, 2013.

Reference: https://www.godaddy.com/help/about-ve-domains-9078?#1

Please check to see if this is the reasoning for the error. If the domain is allowed to be renewed, please contact our 24/7 support for review with our customer support agents. 

Best Wishes!

-TechFly

I can't renew my domain, but this message appears "There was a problem processing your transaction. Please verify your payment information or use an alternate form of payment.

Although I tried more than one card and all are working well with other sites & normal purchases ......
Can you help ?????

Domain renewal

Hi everyone in the community!

I am fresh new entering into this community forum looking for some basic answers. I've just been transferred the ownership of my domain which is under godaddy's jurisdiction and i would like to renew it. As a newly registered user i don't have any information regarding my domain (fpfproductions.com) on the user dashboard. Haven't been able to contact customer support or any online support chat at the moment. Need all the renewal billing information and available payment methods. The domain is to be expired by this October/2017 and i would like to renew and keep ownership. 

Thank you.

New

@FrancoF

Did you figure out your renewal?

Do you guys want to rip me off when I renew my business website builder? How is you guys' basic moral?

I am having the same problem as others in this thread. I own several domains, and many are up for renewal. I want to weigh in about whether or not it is worth it to renew, and I can't find anything that states what I paid, or what the renewal cost will be. 

The last time I was on this site, all that was very clear. But suddenly everything to do with what I have to pay to keep my domains is missing.

Please direct me to where I can see all the information I need to make a proper business decision, and in particular the costs of these items.

I have always respected my relationship with GoDaddy, but this is leading me down a path of questioning my trust. 

I'm having to take all my domains off of auto-renew because I don't know what it is going to cost me.

Please help to resolve this matter.

It's disappointing that GoDaddy no longer allows manual renewal of a domain unless it's within a month of expiring. My domains expire at different times of the year, but I prefer to take care of all the renewals at the same time so that I only have to deal with it every twelve months.

No, I don't want to turn auto-renew on.

Solution

There is a procedure if you want to actually see your renewal pricing. It's a little involved but it worked for me. Here are the steps:

1. Click on the Down arrow next to your name in upper right corner
  2. Click on My Products from drop down menu
  3. Click on Manage All
  4. Click on Advanced (I think it's at the bottom of this screen)
  5. Click on Beta
  6. Click on Edit Columns
  7. Click on Renewal Price
  8. Click on OK
  9. A screen will open showing your domain name(s) and the renewal price.

Thank you so much. I will try that.

I am so disappointed that they are hiding vital information. Seems so deceptive and it wasn't like this before. Why do they think people wouldn't want to know what they are spending? Anyway....just ranting. They have inspired me to let most of my URLs expire. Too much trouble.

Anyway - thank you so much for your thoughtful response!

You're so welcome Mary Lee.

I searched and searched until I found a video with these instructions. It shouldn't be this darned hard to find an answer to a question everybody wants to know. It worked great for me...hope it works for you too.

Mary Lynn