Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Errors showing up on DNS records check

Here are the facts

I have one single static IP from Cox
all domains are purchased from Godaddy

I am currently hosting 6 domains from home on my windows server 2012 with IIS8 as the web service

all domain are visible on the internet and work fine

Here's were the trouble starts

I am trying to setup an Axigen mail server from home and when I run DNS checks the following shows using MXtoolbox

1. it states I have a dmarc record missing, which I have configured in DNS below

Host @ TXT value is:     v=DMARC1; p=none; rua=mailto:admin@chatamerica.us; ruf=mailto:admin@chatamerica.us; fo=0; adkim=r; aspf=r; pct=100; rf=afrf; ri=86400; sp=none

below are additional error messages;

1. no spf record found and I see no drop down to select this record type

2. smtp  domain name reverse DNS does not match SMTP banner

3. dns  domain name SOA expire value out of recommended range

smtp    domain name 16.595 secounds - not good on transaction time

unable to add a PTR record, no drop down shown

an MX record does show for the domain and resolves correctly to my IP with a pref of 10

any help would  be great

Keith Miller

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Errors showing up on DNS records check

Hi @kdmiller45. Welcome to GoDaddy Community!

I'm not 100% sure, but I think some of the issue you're having with your SPF record could be related to how the spaces in it are showing up. When I do a DNS query, it shows '\' characters instead of the spaces. You can see it here: http://www.digwebinterface.com/?hostnames=chatamerica.us&type=TXT&ns=resolver&useresolver=8.8.4.4&na....

Also, in regard to your reverse DNS, you'll need to create a PTR record to set that up. However, since you're using GoDaddy nameservers, you wouldn't be able to do that. You may need to consider either setting up nameservers on your local server and using those or using another DNS provider. Sorry Man Sad

As for the rest, I'm not sure. Hoping others in the community might have additional thoughts on this. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.