cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Google Domain .app Configuration in godaddy Hosting

I have Recently purchases one .app domain from google. And done with configuration. But when I tried to access the domain it gives below error.

our connection is not secure
The owner of example.app has configured their website improperly. To protect your 
information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website. This site uses HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) to specify that Firefox may only
connect to it securely. As a result, it is not possible to add an exception for this certificate.

I tried to reach out customer care but they are not able to resolve issue and extending time for 48 hours whenever I call. The issue is of google provide ssl in built in to domain and godady don't know how to deal with https so I request all to please help me and resolve this issue.

1 REPLY 1
Solution

Re: Google Domain .app Configuration in godaddy Hosting

Hi @arpitpathak, thanks for posting.

If you registered your .APP domain name through GoDaddy, your .app registration includes a free credit for our Standard SSL certificate. Once you log in, you will need to redeem and activate it on the My Products page to use the Standard SSL certificate on your website. Please note, your free Standard SSL certificate is eligible for support only when it’s used with your .app domain. To ensure continued support, please do not use this free Standard SSL certificate with another domain.

If you did not register your .APP domain through GoDaddy you would be responsible for adding an SSL certificate to your site.

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 Support | Check System Status