cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Home IP address on a block list?

I have been having trouble with this for a few years and have finally decided to try here for help.

I can connect to my godaddy hosted website perfectly fine as long as that is the only connection. If I try to access the site from a second device or try to FTP into the account until a period of a minute or so goes by, those secondary attempts won’t connect. After a minute or so, it’ll connect as usual. Basically, I can’t make repeated FTP logins or connect more than one device at a time to my domain.

This only happens from my home. My phone on cellular is fine and other WiFi networks are fine. Just my home (where I do all of my coding and testing).

I’ve asked GoDaddy before and they say it is my ISP. I’ve asked my ISP and they say it is on GoDaddy.

I need to be able to connect to my website via http and FTP at the same time. I also need to connect via FTP every time I try. Sometimes I would like this to be a scripted function where it can get in and out quickly. Setting it up to check for a failed attempt and then keep trying shouldn’t be necessary. It should just connect.

Keep in mind this isn’t just a recent thing. It’s been going on for 2 years or so. I’ve just dealt with it til now.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Re: Home IP address on a block list?

Problem solved. I decided to upgrade my spectrum internet to their 400Mbps package (which is measuring about 425Mbps BTW) and they provided a new router & modem. The new router gave me a new IP address and the problem is gone. I briefly went back to my old router and the original IP address returned. I can’t tell for sure but I’m more suspecting the router now and not the IP address.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @sjmonty, thanks for posting.

GoDaddy hosting plans do generally block multiple FTP connections from the same IP address. This shouldn't affect your ability to browse your site through a browser/HTTP. It's also not supported to have the same FTP user connected multiple times. The FTP connections also time out quickly when not in use, to ensure that resources and connections are available for other customers.

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 Support | Check System Status
Solution

Problem solved. I decided to upgrade my spectrum internet to their 400Mbps package (which is measuring about 425Mbps BTW) and they provided a new router & modem. The new router gave me a new IP address and the problem is gone. I briefly went back to my old router and the original IP address returned. I can’t tell for sure but I’m more suspecting the router now and not the IP address.

View solution in original post