cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Host names and Nameservers not resolving to my own DNS server

I've talked to support and they claim I did it right and that in "2 hours" it will propagate but the 2 hours are long since gone and I'm up against a deadline. Can someone give me a sanity check on whether I've set up the host name and nameservers settings right? Even though their Tier 2 support says I did right, I still wonder. Here are my settings:

Host names:

ns1 > x.x.x.x (IP address of my DNS server hosted in AWS)

ns2 > y.y.y.y (IP address of my DNS server hosted in AWS)

Nameservers:

ns1.example.com (no IP address listed here)

ns2.example.com (no IP address listed here)

What I want to accomplish for my example.com domain, is to have GoDaddy publish the nameservers as ns1.example.com and ns2.example.com and then also resolve them to the appropriate IP addresses. It's been over 48 hours but no dice. 😞

Note: Domain names and IP addresses in this post have been changed to protect the innocent. 😉

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: Host names and Nameservers not resolving to my own DNS server

Hi there!

If you've put in the correct nameservers in the Domain Management tool and it still hasn't propagated, I would contact AWS on this one. It sounds like maybe the nameservers they provided to you were not authoritative or perhaps a glitch has occurred on their end. As long as you put in all the info correctly, there shouldn't have been an issue.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

I have exactly the same issue, all seems to be okay but ns not resolving.

hosting says its on godaddy side, godaddy checked and says its okay on their side.

it's the first time i have issue like this , and I set up lot of servers before, 

Im having the same issue. I have the appropriate name servers on godaddy pointing to my site on hostgator and have the set the A records on hostgator to the right IP address. I have registered the name servers in godaddy as well with wthe IP address. but I get this message in Leaf DNS checker

None of your nameserver names contain glue or A records.