cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

How to access GoDaddy to change DNS Setting?

I am on my Domain Manager page.

I am seeing the domain name whose DNS settings I want to change.

I am seeing the Record for this domain (IP, Nameserver etc.) But I am not seeing any option to edit these details.

This question was asked previously and the answer given was: "You need to access to your domains panel, then click at the [...] icon at the right of your domain name and select Manage DNS."

I'm not seeing any [...] icon at the right of my domain name (or anywhere else on the page). So where and how do I change my DNS settings for this domain?

Any help/advice appreciated. I've been trying to find an edit option for hours.

PS - I am also unable to point/forward this domain. On the Godaddy page giving instructions on how to set up a forward, it says:

To forward or mask your domain or subdomain
Click a domain name in the list below to go to its DNS Management page:

And then there's a list of the 20 or so domains I have registered with Godaddy, EXCEPT the domain I'm trying to change the settings for. (And yes, it's definitely listed in My Domains, and it isn't due to be renewed for several months).

Incidentally, when I go to the DNS page for any of my other domains, I can see the edit DNS option.

One other thing... I've been trying to contact Support. It used to be possible to chat to Support in a chat window. Has this been discontinued? The chat icon seems to be permanently dead. Phone support is fine if you live in the US, but calls from Europe - especially Spain, where I'm located - are expensive. A single call from here to Godaddy in US (especially when you're almost always put on hold for 20 minutes) can cost as much as $50 or even $100.

1 REPLY 1

Re: How to access GoDaddy to change DNS Setting?

Hi @zakmar

Sorry, this is not a support forum. Your issue appears to be account specific, please contact our 24/7 support team and once validated they can look further into this. Also, chat is still available on our help page (help.godaddy.com) Monday-Friday between the hours of 5am-6pm (MST). When all of our agents are busy the option to chat is not available. 

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support