cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the name servers by default?

I have a private domain .edu.co in Colombia which is only managed by cointernet.com.co and is not transferable to other servers, it can only be redirected with NS. Here is my problem, I bought the WordPress hosting offered by Godaddy but at the time of configuring the DNS appear 2 NS and 1 SOA that does not allow me to remove or modify (ns29.domaincontrol.com - ns30.domaincontrol.com - Primary nameserver: ns29 .domaincontrol.com) which are the ones created by default. I need help to eliminate them.

In the image you can see that in those 3 is not the pencil to edit and the whole page does not appear a button to change the NS by default

1.png

1 REPLY 1
Super User III
Super User III

Re: How to change the name servers by default?

@Teslaeducativo 

I guess I'm a little confused by your question - I was able to see that teslaeducativo.edu.co

is pointed to  ns30.domaincontrol.com and ns29.domaincontrol.com - therefore you shouldn't need to add (in either the domain settings or the dns record) the ns1.teslaeducativo.edu.co and ns2.teslaeducativo.edu.co

If you are trying to "mask" the godaddy servers and just use ns1. and ns2. instead - here is a help article on that  https://www.godaddy.com/help/add-my-own-host-names-as-nameservers-12320

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community