cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update registrant info?

Hi there,
I need to change my email and phone number that's on file, and likely soon my address, so i'm able to be contacted when needed, but yet it says i'm not allowed to update registrant info. How do i get around this? Thanks 

ps. why do i need to select a bunch of labels that aren't even relevant before this will post...

4 REPLIES 4
Super User II
Super User II

Re: How to update registrant info?

@yetanothername wrote:

Hi there,
I need to change my email and phone number that's on file, and likely soon my address, so i'm able to be contacted when needed, but yet it says i'm not allowed to update registrant info. How do i get around this? Thanks 

ps. why do i need to select a bunch of labels that aren't even relevant before this will post...

@yetanothername follow these instructions to update your contact information: https://www.godaddy.com/help/change-domain-contact-information-418

---

Strange. That's just what i was doing previously when it said i wasn't allowed to update it but yet it completed this time. All done, i think. Cheers.

Super User II
Super User II

@yetanothername wrote:

Strange. That's just what i was doing previously when it said i wasn't allowed to update it but yet it completed this time. All done, i think. Cheers.

@yetanothername please accept my reply as a solution so that it may help someone else in the future.

---

But i don't consider it a solution, sorry. It was a coincidence that doing the same thing again that i'd already done multiple times for some reason worked after you'd posted your reply. If future users experience the exact same problem as me and want to try the exact same thing as i did to fix it then they should wait an hour and try the same thing again.