cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

I CANCELLED MY DOMAIN NAME AND WANT TO GET IT BACK - PLEASE HELP!

I created a domain name, uxbridgetheband.com, for my Google Site, but in trying to get it to connect to my Google Site I messed up some of the DNS information. I couldn't find a way to reset DNS information on GoDaddy so I decided to just delete my domain name and buy it again so I could restart and do the DNS information properly this time. But instead, when I try to buy my domain name again it says it's taken, even though I deleted it and it's not connected to any website. Under recovered expired domains, it does not show up. Please help me get my domain back!

2 REPLIES 2
Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Re: I CANCELLED MY DOMAIN NAME AND WANT TO GET IT BACK - PLEASE HELP!

@Uxbridge wrote:

I created a domain name, uxbridgetheband.com, for my Google Site, but in trying to get it to connect to my Google Site I messed up some of the DNS information. I couldn't find a way to reset DNS information on GoDaddy so I decided to just delete my domain name and buy it again so I could restart and do the DNS information properly this time. But instead, when I try to buy my domain name again it says it's taken, even though I deleted it and it's not connected to any website. Under recovered expired domains, it does not show up. Please help me get my domain back!

@Uxbridge  I believe it takes several days for the domain to be deleted. You may want to contact support and see if they can undo the deletion. 

---

Save money on Godaddy products and get a .com domain for under $1: http://bit.ly/2E7MV0I

Re: I CANCELLED MY DOMAIN NAME AND WANT TO GET IT BACK - PLEASE HELP!

how do i contact support without calling them?