cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

I cant change domain DNS Nameservers (The data provided cannot be used, please correct...)

Hello. I want to change my "default" nameservers to my custom nameservers.

I receive this warrning: 

The data provided cannot be used, please correct it and resubmit your request.

I do not understand why, I used the same nameservers for so many other domains in goddady and they are working normally!?
9 REPLIES 9
New

Re: I cant change domain DNS Nameservers (The data provided cannot be used, please correct...)

So first of all, yesterday another user replied to this thread with the same problem as well as I did and today I only see the original post here, what is that about?

I had the same problem, I already had custom nameservers set which I had to change and I couldn't due to the same error. The weird thing was that I couldn't change to default either, had to try it like 10 times before it finally worked. But still I couldn't change back to a custom for the same error.

And the weirdest thing is that I was able to change it just now. I did it with all capitals like NS#.SOMETHING.SI because I read somewhere there is a bug regarding this on GoDaddy.

Good luck to everyone else. 🙂

Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Re: I cant change domain DNS Nameservers (The data provided cannot be used, please correct...)

@DavidMajer wrote:

Hello. I want to change my "default" nameservers to my custom nameservers.

I have had registered my domain  n6news.com  with godaddy and my hosting is Namecheap.

Whenever I try to set namservers (from Namecheap) on Godaddy like:

ns1.slobodnimediji.com

ns2.slobodnimediji.com

I receive this warrning: 

The data provided cannot be used, please correct it and resubmit your request.

I do not understand why, I used the same nameservers for so many other domains in goddady and they are working normally!?

@DavidMajer The nameservers have to be valid nameservers for starters. Enter the nameservers that namecheap provided with your hosting package and it should work without a problem. To ensure that you're doing it correctly please check here: https://www.godaddy.com/help/change-nameservers-for-my-domains-664

---

I had this same exact issue last night.  It turns out that the godaddy was experiencing an issue with their systems and they told me that it would be cleared up within the hour (their helpdesk experienced the same thing when I called them).  Sure enough, it was.   I hope this helps someone in the future.

This is not working for me either. Do you guys have an on-going bug? 

I have probably performed this action successfully over 100 times for other sites. It's not an error on my end. 

I'm having the very same issue just now. I try it several times, then when it finally appears to work and looks as though the new DNS names have been set, then a notice appears at the top of the page that says:

Features may be unavailable while we process your updates. Some updates require confirmation—please check your inbox for a possible confirmation email.

When I go back into the 'manage domain' it just shows the old DNS servers which were set prior:

ns13.domaincontrol.com

and

ns14.domaincontrol.com

Can someone help? This must be a bug.

New

Same problem here, but I'm trying to change back to default Nameservers.

same problem here cannot update name servers

Am having the same problem too... i need to build my website bt am stuck...Somebody help here

Super User II
Super User II

@Mazhar wrote:

Same problem here, but I'm trying to change back to default Nameservers.

@Mazhar @hiriworst @talsibo are you receiving any errors or the namesevers just aren't updating? It appears theres a delay in updating nameservers right now. I just updated mine and the status is pending update, if it says pending update in the status then they will update once the delay is finished. I also took screeshots on how to update the nameservers as I just did. See the screenshot below:

https://prnt.sc/k1ocak

-----