cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Main Domain not working on VPS

Hi there!

My main domain "patronvs.com" pointed to my VPS (both are at GoDaddy) does not seems to work.

I've it pointed right now to GoDaddy nameservers:
ns77.domaincontrol.com & ns78.domaincontrol.com

Among other records, the A record is pointing to my VPS (160.153.246.179), and it still does not work.
I've even tried creating my own nameservers (ns1.patronvs.com & ns2.patronvs.com) pointing to the same IP, and again, nothing happens. And yes, I did manage to do the DNS on WHM.

I don't think the problem resides on the VPS, since I have another two external domains, pointing to subfolders inside "patronvs.com" and they are working...

Can somebody help me out please?

Cheers,
Alex

4 REPLIES 4
Super User I

Hello @AlexRod ,

Sounds like reverse DNS is not working on your VPS. I would just call support and see if they can help you with that, cause I don't see anything at the IP in question. 

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***

Thank you  very much Davis. Will do. 

Cheers,
Alex

Hello Alex,

Was GoDaddy support able to resolve your issue?

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***

Looks like the domain is up & running!  I'm able to access the site, and a quick online DNS test is showing the nameservers are resolving properly.  

MPC