cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Man these renewal prices just keep rising.

I think they've gone up by another $2 this year.  It wasn't that many years ago when my .com renewals were $9.99 per year with discounts for multi year renewal.  I've been having to drop a lot of my registered domains simply because I can't afford to renew them all every year.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Re: Man these renewal prices just keep rising.

Agreed, @EricBSTL. I miss the days when I could buy comic books for $0.75 or a pack of cigarettes for $1.10. 

Yeah, I'm old enough to remember that. 

Things go up in price, unfortunately. 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Agreed, @EricBSTL. I miss the days when I could buy comic books for $0.75 or a pack of cigarettes for $1.10. 

Yeah, I'm old enough to remember that. 

Things go up in price, unfortunately. 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Sure, prices go up...But, this is digital registration, not hard goods or uber taxed cigarettes.  And, we're not talking 20 years either.  My registration renewals went up by $2 this past year, the same the year before, and in smaller increments for the past 8 or so years.  That means at least a 10% increase per year.  That seems a bit excessive for essentially keeping records on a server.  Would it really be too much to ask that long term customers receive a break for being loyal and renewing every year?  I mean, we are the customers that don't require new advertising dollars.  I remember when I used to get 30% off renewal offers, not just on new domains.  And, I remember when registering for multiple years got a current price break, not just a hedge against future increases.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for posting @EricBSTL. I understand how you feel. No one wants to pay more for their services. From what I understand, we generally only raise rates when the rates we pay for registrations at the registry increase. I know it probably doesn't seem like a lot to maintain, but any time servers and large amounts of data are involved, things can get expensive pretty quick. 

You are correct that we changed the types of discounts that we offer. We send out renewal discounts far less often than we used to, though it does still happen. I don't know all the reasoning on this, but I'm sure it was a business decision based on market research and analysis. I know that's not terribly comforting, but it is true. I'd recommend getting in touch with our care team to see if any discounts would be available to you. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.