cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved a Subdomain to a Different Primary Domain and am getting 404 Redirects

Hello, We moved one of our websites onto a different host and web server that doesn't support custom built websites (Only WordPress). We had a subdomain that was built from scratch, and i copied all it's files before the move, and its SQL database. Today I loaded up that SQL database and file folder into one of our domains that's still on the godaddy server, created a subdomain and pointed it to the newly uploaded file folder, added an A record in the DNS, and hoped it would all just work out. But i'm getting a 404 that redirects away from the subdomain. When i type in random URL's like "cow.realtimeops.com" it goes to a regular 404, but when i type in a real subdomain like "nyscatalog.realtimeops.com" it goes to a 404 redirect on the main domain. Any assistance you can offer on helping me figure out what i did wrong or failed to do would be amazing. I provided screenshot step by step of what i did in the image link below.

https://usatcorp.com/images/Attempt-to-Restore-NYS-Catalog-to-Alternate-Domain.jpg

1 REPLY 1
Super User IV

@USAT009 

Do you have any htaccess files in the root of the site / subfolder that perhaps it doing the redirect

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community