cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

NL domain renew

As Godaddy reseller, I cannot renew the .NL domains of our customer.

Both system and support returned weird answers.

1. API returned message:
{"code":"INVALID_PERIOD_RANGE","message":"Invalid period range"}

But I used correct period range. The request was:

curl -X POST "https://api.godaddy.com/v1/domains/fiiecap.nl/renew" -H "accept: application/json" -H "Content-Type: application/json" -H "Authorization: sso-key $KEY" -d "{ \"period\": 1}"

I used the same request with .COM domain and it works.

2. In the reseller panel, when I choose .NL domain for renew, the system says "Some domains can`t renew for your chosen length".

3. Moreover, we even cannot set autorenew for these domains.

I wrote a ticket to a few email addresses (api@godaddy.com, reseller@godaddy.com, resellersupport@godaddy.com) - and receive one answer like "make sure you are setting the period to 1 year". That's a funny answer!
Since this, all my messages have not been answered at all.

Please, could someone help me with NL domain renewal?
And could someone from Godaddy tell me how the reseller can get support if calling to America is quite difficult for him?
And most importantly, how can such a question like my be resolved by phone?!

6 REPLIES 6
Super User III
Super User III

Re: NL domain renew

@Sitty

As per https://www.godaddy.com/help/about-nl-domains-5336 there are some restrictions on when you can renew an NL domain

That would be my guess as to the issue.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Thank you for the response, but I know about these restrictions, and it does not seem like a reason.
For example, when I try to renew domain stapies.nl that already cannot be renewed (thanks Godaddy!!) with expiration date 10/20/2019, the API returns this:

curl -X POST "https://api.godaddy.com/v1/domains/stapies.nl/renew" -H "accept: application/json" -H "Content-Type: application/json" -H "Authorization: sso-key $KEY" -d "{ \"period\": 1}"

{"code":"CONFLICTING_STATUS","message":"The domain status does not allow performing the operation"}

Another domain: voikswagen.nl, expiration date 12/22/2019, the API returns:

curl -X POST "https://api.godaddy.com/v1/domains/voikswagen.nl/renew" -H "accept: application/json" -H "Content-Type: application/json" -H "Authorization: sso-key $KEY" -d "{ \"period\": 1}"

{"code":"INVALID_PERIOD_RANGE","message":"Invalid period range"}

And it does not address the questions about renewing via the control panel, auto-renew option and lack of response from support. 

Super User III
Super User III

@Sitty 

I follow what you are saying - I'm going to forward this post to one of the GoDaddy folks - I'm an end user like you and this looks like it needs some "admin" help as well. 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Sitty,  I'm not sure what is causing the specific issues that you've posted about, but I will investigate further with my internal teams and update you once I have some additional information.  

As for support, you should be able to get assistance for most concerns via any of the phone numbers listed here: https://www.godaddy.com/contact-us.  There are numbers all over the world to reach GoDaddy support.  If the issue then requires you to speak to reseller support, you can be transferred without having to call in to a different number.  

Thanks!  

MPC

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Sitty@PL281 , Thank you for your patience on my reply to this. 

I've been in touch with a few teams about these concerns, and have confirmed that there is currently an issue with processing .NL domains through the online payment processing system.  In order to renew those domains, for the time being, you will need to contact live support.  Our agents can process the payment and submit a ticket to have the domain renewed.  We are actively working to restore the online renewal option for these domains.  

I did confirm that the .NL renewal process can be handled via the live chat option if it is more convenient than calling one of our support numbers.  

Thank you.  

MPC

Solution

Hi @Sitty

Welcome to the Community!

The article that was provided to you in a previous reply, details when a .NL domain must be renewed. A review of your domain shows that it expires 20-oct-2019. The example shown in the article is for the same expiration date. 

For example: Your .nl domain name expires on October 10. If your domain name does not renew automatically, you can renew it manually by September 20. For automatic renewals, we attempt to renew the domain name on September 1, September 10, and September 20.

You are receiving the errors because you are no longer able to renew it in your account. Because the domain was not renewed by these dates, you'll need to contact our customer support team to receive your payment and escalate your renewal to the Registry.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support