cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Need help pointing my domain toward a Droplet

Hello, I recently purchased a domain which was working for a while after publishing with GoDaddy's website builder but I recently connected to my host through filezilla using SFTP and my website wasn't working after.

It started saying that it couldn't find the IP which I then change the hosts on godaddy's website in dns settings to the IP of my droplet.

I am very new to this. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Manager

Hi @broke. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! It sounds like maybe there's some confusion over how to use your Website Builder. If you've used our Website Builder to create a website, that site is hosted on our servers and does not require additional hosting. You would not need to (and would not be able to) use hosting through another provider in conjunction with a Website Builder site. I'd recommend pointing the domain back to GoDaddy (default) nameservers or the IP 72.167.191.69 or 198.71.232.3. That should get it pointed back to our builder. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager

Hi @broke. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! It sounds like maybe there's some confusion over how to use your Website Builder. If you've used our Website Builder to create a website, that site is hosted on our servers and does not require additional hosting. You would not need to (and would not be able to) use hosting through another provider in conjunction with a Website Builder site. I'd recommend pointing the domain back to GoDaddy (default) nameservers or the IP 72.167.191.69 or 198.71.232.3. That should get it pointed back to our builder. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post