cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Point domain to Amazon EC2

I have a domain hosted in hostgator, and now I want to point it to Amazon. I changed the nameservers to default, and add an A registry but nothing happens the last 72 hours. Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance!

Ed.

2 REPLIES 2
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Point domain to Amazon EC2

Hey there @ebald,

Thanks for being a part of the GoDaddy Community and participating!

Unfortunately, we're not going to be able to help very much with a HostGator issue as that's a completely different hosting company. You would need to contact their tech support or consult their knowledgebase to get the answers you need. (If you mistakenly wrote HostGator and meant GoDaddy, then you should call into support or open a live chat if it's been more than 72 hours.)

You can use tools like whatsmydns.net and leafdns.com to determine if there is some sort of issue with DNS propagation. 

I would also see if Amazon has any documentation that could guide you.

I know that's not the answer you were looking for but I hope it helps.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

New

Re: Point domain to Amazon EC2

Sorry, I mean that the domain is hosted in GoDaddy and was pointed to Hostgator, I changed the nameservers but already is pointed to Hostgator and I want to point it to Amazon EC2. I can't find the way. Any help is welcome.