cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Privacy Error on 301 redirect

I have a domain parked at GoDaddy that I want to use to 301 to URL on my Squarespace site. I followed the directions for www.modalmasksdirect.com to redirect to https://www.quialoveshair.com/store but I am met with a screen warning that the connection is not private. However, when I test the URL from the redirect panel on GoDaddy it works. Please advise. I have cleared my cookies already.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Kamicossie,

Welcome to the Community!

When we use your domain, we arrive at your forwarding destination without any issues or alerts. It's possible you were just needing to wait for the DNS on the domain to propagate. If you continue to have issues, your Squarespace account may require connecting the domain through the DNS, instead of a forward. You can check out their instructions here

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Kamicossie,

Welcome to the Community!

When we use your domain, we arrive at your forwarding destination without any issues or alerts. It's possible you were just needing to wait for the DNS on the domain to propagate. If you continue to have issues, your Squarespace account may require connecting the domain through the DNS, instead of a forward. You can check out their instructions here

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

Thank you for your help.