cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Redirect to facebook group

Hi,

I've been trying to connect my domain to my facebook group instead of a facebook page.  When following the steps, the system is shortening my URL to https://www.facebook.com/groups/ instead of my actual group information.  Is there a way to solve this issue? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Re: Redirect to facebook group

Hey there, folks!
I found a successful workaround to this issue. 

1. Go out and copy your final destination Facebook group URL.
  2. Open up your GoDaddy Domains dashboard
  3. Click the series of ... to access "Domain Settings"
  4. DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT CLICK on the "Facebook Page" section.
  5. Simply skip past all the website and Facebook suggested options and PASTE your Facebook group URL into the field underneath all that nonsense and click NEXT to adjust parameters. 

Everything should connect properly to your specific Facebook group, and not cut short at the search or groups category. Hope this relieves some aggravation out there. Peace and love web-builders.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Hi @Sillypuppy4me, thanks for posting.

How were you trying to connect it? Were you using Forwarding or some other setting? If you follow up with more details, a member of the Community might be able to provide some suggestions.

^Gary

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 Support | Check System Status

Hi there-

I'm having the same issue. I went to:

Use my domain

Manage connection

Facebook

I put in the group URL, but it takes off the full URL and just leaves it as facebook.com/groups instead of https://www.facebook.com/groups/OutdoorAdvocateNetwork/

I tried to forward to a URL and it won't allow me to click "next."

New

did you find a solution to this? I am having the same problem. Thank you!

Hi, 

I was not able to forward the website to my group.  I had to link to linktree or campsite to achieve what I was wanting to do.  

I was having same issue today. I had to manually type in the URL instead of doing a copy/paste and then it worked.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @kimthecoach@Sillypuppy4me@jenw@ItsBrunson,

Here's a Help article that should give you the info that you need to connect your Facebook group to your GoDaddy domain. https://www.godaddy.com/help/connect-my-domain-to-facebook-20087?. Hope this helps!

Rachel

GoDaddy Sr. Community Manager

Hey there Rachel. The article provides instructions and I believe everyone had that part figured out. There is some type of glitch and you cannot copy and paste the URL if its to a group vs a page. It has to be manually keyed in or else it drops the identifier from the URL and just goes to a generic fb page that shows a while bunch of different groups. Might want to add to your instructions or find out why it is happening. Regards Kim
Solution

Hey there, folks!
I found a successful workaround to this issue. 

1. Go out and copy your final destination Facebook group URL.
  2. Open up your GoDaddy Domains dashboard
  3. Click the series of ... to access "Domain Settings"
  4. DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT CLICK on the "Facebook Page" section.
  5. Simply skip past all the website and Facebook suggested options and PASTE your Facebook group URL into the field underneath all that nonsense and click NEXT to adjust parameters. 

Everything should connect properly to your specific Facebook group, and not cut short at the search or groups category. Hope this relieves some aggravation out there. Peace and love web-builders.

View solution in original post