cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reseller program?

Thank you for reading. I'm confused over the reseller program. Let's say that a domain is available but my client is unaware that it is available.. would the domain show on my website as a higher amount than it shows on GD? Here's a scenario:

Client: I want a LLLL.com

Me: "yesok.com"

Client: How much?

Me: $$$

Client: I just went onto GD and it's selling for much less, so I prefer buying through them instead of you.

If the above mention scenario is true, how is GD and resellers helping each other sell domains?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Reseller program?

Greetings, @Gazed416 ,

Those are some good questions, let me see what I can clarify for you. First, as a reseller you are not generally paying the same amount as someone registering a single domain on our site. You are paying less in most cases and could list the domain at the same price and still make a profit. 

You can also offer other products at a discount to bring customers.to you, Hosting, email, and other services. You could also specialize in niche markets, perhaps .JP domains to the Japanese Market or .FR to France or .AU to Australia (all examples, you could offer to register all or none of these).

It's your business, were just there to help and provide a framework. And we have a lot of resources throughout our company and you can elect to get helpful communications from the Reseller Team or look around our site for reseller resources. Here's just one example:  https://www.godaddy.com/garage/reseller/

I hope that helps,

Thomas D. - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Re: Reseller program?

Wow, thank you so much. I understand much better now!

I do have another question regarding parking domains. I just can't seem to find a website or tool that tells me how much visits a previous URL has received. Alexa Ranks is also not proving any help. Basically I'd like to park a domain that is "established" in a sense that the website's previous owner receieved a fair amount of views/clicks. Also, let's say that the URL gets 5000 views per month, how do I use that to figure out my potential earnings if I had to park that domain?