cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Selling Newly Registered Domains

Hello Smiley Happy

I am new here and have recently bought and registered 2 .com domains after they had been deleted. Both are a few years old (1 was originally registered in 2006 and the other was registered in 2013). My sole intention is to sell them for a small profit. How long must I wait prior to putting them up for sale? I read that in order to transfer new domain names to other registrars, the domain names have to be 60 days old. Does this mean that I have to wait 60 days from registering prior to putting them up for sale in case the buyer is registered with a different registrar?

Thank you and Regards Smiley Happy

5 REPLIES 5
Employee
Employee

Re: Selling Newly Registered Domains

Good Afternoon!!

You are absolutely correct. In order to sell a domain name, it needs to be eligible for transfer. So waiting 60 days from the date of purchase before putting them up for sale is your best bet.

Hey @Lululukinu

That's a good suggestion from @SMattingly if you plan to sell the domain to someone else using another registrar. However, you still have the option to sell the domain to other GoDaddy account holders as well. Transfer between accounts is free and very easy to setup a request from your end if you find a buyer willing to go through with it. 

Just make sure they know the change will require the domain to be with us for 60 days starting from the date the domain changes accounts if they plan to move to another registrar. Just another option to consider. Smiley Happy

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Please tell me procedure how to sell my domain to other person who is third party not related to godaddy or any other domain website
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hi @nilubhole01

Here's a link to a tutorial that has more information on selling a domain https://www.godaddy.com/community/Domain-Names/How-to-Sell-Domains/ta-p/45622. Please let us know if you need anymore help. 

Rachel

my domain estimated value is 1200+$.

how do I profit by selling my domain which is reg 3 months ago?