cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

UPLOAD Weebly website to GoDaddy?

The founder of Weebly stated there is a way to "upload" your Weebly site to GoDaddy.

I've completely finished my Weebly site and would rather upload the finished site to GoDaddy hosting instead of paying an additional cost to connect my domain with Weebly.

Is there a way that I can take my finished Weebly site and upload it to GoDaddy? Keep in mind I don't want to "transfer" a domain - I don't want the .weebly.com subdomain - I just want to upload the files from Weebly to GoDaddy.

I'm new to working with domains and GoDaddy - I've only worked with Weebly before. Please be patient! 🙂

PS: I know there is a way to forward, and mask, a domain. I would rather not do this, because it still relies on hosting with Weebly.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JayFromEpic
Former Employee
Solution

Re: UPLOAD Weebly website to GoDaddy?

Hi rxnni,

In some cases, if the hosting provider offers Weebly website builder built into their cPanel control panel, then you can normally publish weebly site files to that cPanel hosting account. From what I can tell, it is not a feature built into the control panel with GoDaddy. You may want to call into support just to be on the safe side, I could be wrong on this. 

In this case, you may need to either mask the domain as you mentioned, or you could always check out GoDaddy's website builder GoCentral and try it out at: https://www.godaddy.com/websites/website-builder

Hope this helps! 

~Jay

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JayFromEpic
Former Employee
Solution

Hi rxnni,

In some cases, if the hosting provider offers Weebly website builder built into their cPanel control panel, then you can normally publish weebly site files to that cPanel hosting account. From what I can tell, it is not a feature built into the control panel with GoDaddy. You may want to call into support just to be on the safe side, I could be wrong on this. 

In this case, you may need to either mask the domain as you mentioned, or you could always check out GoDaddy's website builder GoCentral and try it out at: https://www.godaddy.com/websites/website-builder

Hope this helps! 

~Jay

View solution in original post

New

Hi - 

Turns out you're 100% right - not a way to upload the site. I suppose I misinterpreted.

Instead, I forwarded the site with masking. Works like a charm.

JayFromEpic
Former Employee

Hi rxnni,

Excellent to hear I was able to help! If anything else comes up, feel free to reach out! 

~Jay

How did you "mask" the weebly domain?  I have my domain on godaddy just forwarding to my weebly site, but clients still see ".weebly.com" when they land on the page after entering my godaddy domain.  Am I missing something on this step or can the ".weebly.com" go away altogether?!

New

Hi Guys,

I’ve been trying for hours to carefylly take all the steps, to use domain from GoDaddy and upload a Weebly website.

When I checked the DNS on GoDaddy everything was exactly the same as on the example (except of the IP adddress ofcourse). Then I read it could have something to do with forwarding, I deleted it, as recommended on the forum. So now when I try to reach my website www.larin.be is says :Website coming soon.

Any recommendations? Thx a lot! 

I'd like to know the answer to this question, too.