cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Website closed and domain pointed but varied search results

So I had a godaddy website I canceled because I wanted to have my domain pointed to my Facebook page.  The support person told me to unpublished site,which I did.  But now when I search on my Android phone thru Google, I get the old site.  However, on my tablets it is good.  My son also can’t find my site on an iPhone and Mac air device.  The support tonite told me to clear my google search cache, which I did, but didn’t help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@Balca14 

1) This could just be a cache issue - keep in mind as well that Google may have links to pages on your site that may take time to remove

2) Personally from a business perspective, I would not recommend this at all. You are giving up a big piece of control by making Facebook be your "primary" website.

A) If you are masking the domain or just forwarding it, it is possible Facebook might block it

B) Depending on how you access the site facebook may throw you into the Facebook app - which may require a login

C) You have no control over how / when Facebook decides to make changes - for example they are starting to roll out a new desktop look  which is similar to the phone app - additionally you can put the site into dark mode  Again depending on your posts / photos this may not look best for your site

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User IV

@Balca14 

1) This could just be a cache issue - keep in mind as well that Google may have links to pages on your site that may take time to remove

2) Personally from a business perspective, I would not recommend this at all. You are giving up a big piece of control by making Facebook be your "primary" website.

A) If you are masking the domain or just forwarding it, it is possible Facebook might block it

B) Depending on how you access the site facebook may throw you into the Facebook app - which may require a login

C) You have no control over how / when Facebook decides to make changes - for example they are starting to roll out a new desktop look  which is similar to the phone app - additionally you can put the site into dark mode  Again depending on your posts / photos this may not look best for your site

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post