cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website not visible after domain renewal

I renewed my domain name today and since then I've been unable to actually see my website - I've tried phone, laptop, PC, tablet and nothing works.

My domain is  sablecontent.com

What could be the issue? 

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Website not visible after domain renewal

Hey there @SableContent,

The site seems to be working correctly now. I was able to go to it and I ran some tests which indicate it's visible worldwide.

My guess is when the system updated the next renewal date, it refreshed the DNS, which cause it to propagate once more. That would have made it look like your site was down for a limited time while the DNS servers updated across the world. This isn't something that happens all the time, but it's happened to me on occasion as well when I renewed.

I hope that helps give some insight.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Thanks @MrVapor for your helpful insights. It was down for a few hours but now it's now working perfectly.  

Best Regards,

Sable

Super User III
Super User III

@SableContent, awesome! I'm glad it's up. It's a very nice looking site. Smiley Happy

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community