cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

When changing nameservers, IPs are requested (with no removal option)

Hi there! I try to follow this guide https://www.godaddy.com/help/change-nameservers-for-my-domains-664#options   on the step 5 when I try to add my nameservers it also ask for Ip.   I have no need to change IP. But when I try to save my new nameservers it says " IP address is required"Screenshot 2020-02-07 at 10.21.55.png

There is no way to delete IP option.  Is this an error? Does anybody know how to change nameservers without touching IP?  Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@Dimitry2020 

It looks like you are trying to ns1 & ns2.YOURDOMAIN.com - before you can do that you need to add them to the "Hosts" section (lower left corner of the DNS screen) - this is what registers them as valid name servers and you will need to but in the IP address there - 

Then you should be able to add your name servers without adding the IP address - If the system still asks for the IP - make sure to include the IP address of your server and you should be good to go

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User IV

@Dimitry2020 

It looks like you are trying to ns1 & ns2.YOURDOMAIN.com - before you can do that you need to add them to the "Hosts" section (lower left corner of the DNS screen) - this is what registers them as valid name servers and you will need to but in the IP address there - 

Then you should be able to add your name servers without adding the IP address - If the system still asks for the IP - make sure to include the IP address of your server and you should be good to go

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post