cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Why are Domain Renewals always hiked randomly and not consistent from year-to-year ??

Ive noticed most web domain renewals are randomly hiked when you go auto-renew a year or two down the line, Why are'nt they renewed at the original price ?

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why are Domain Renewals always hiked randomly and not consistent from year-to-year ??

Hi @dunno,

Perhaps you could give some examples here with details? Then maybe somebody could explain why or make a suggestion.

New

Re: Why are Domain Renewals always hiked randomly and not consistent from year-to-year ??

ok

Re-phrased " Is auto renew of a domain guaranteed to be the same price as when ordered?

If Not - Why?"

would love to give you examples,

but I cant seem to find out how much a domain renews for when I hit auto-renew.

But by previous experience , it always auto renews after the time period a little higher or at a random price.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @dunno,

Have you any past examples to get an idea of how 'random' a hike?

Have you taken into consideration the fluctuating differences in the value of currencies? Apart from that without any examples to show it's impossible to make an assumption or form an opinion.

You should be able to look in your purchase history and see records. I then suggest you ask support why (if any) prices go up and the formula for working out what those increases are.

I ask the same thing every time I go shopping!! Inflation, cost of electricity, peoples wages...... ∞

New

Ok, so a virtual domain name is like insurance which can go up because of massive infrastructure and man power behind it to host and maintain it. I get it. Thanks ~

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dunno,

I don't know @dunno (???) but you are making a claim that domain prices are hiked up randomly and offer no tangible examples of this ....................

That's why I said ask support because they have access to your purchase history. It should all be there in your purchase history..............

New
Solution

Not Really.

I was checking on different domain hosting companies renewal pricing and was trying to make sense what makes them hike .

Some are plain exorbitant.(Not go daddy)

You have some valid points, 

Basically Shop around is what i learnt and a Domain Name is not just a virtual bits and bytes tag.

its hosted by a Company's Policies.

So from a rhetorical question we have arrived to a reality one:)

Enjoy your day , my friend 

Happy Diwali !

It should be regulated though .

godaddy-payment.pnggodaddy-billing.png