cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Why isn't my website secure?

I just bought my first domain and I noticed that it's not secure?  Why would that be?

Thanks,

Rob

6 REPLIES 6
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Why isn't my website secure?

@robwestergard wrote:

I just bought my first domain and I noticed that it's not secure?  Why would that be?

Thanks,

Rob

@robwestergard  Hi Rob, I think you're referring to the default Godaddy landing page. Typically ISPs and some web browsers will automatically give a warning that the page isn't secure. It's not really necessary to be secure because there isn't a website on your domain. If you plan on hosting a site you'll want to purchase an SSL certificate with the hosting package so that its secure.

---

@justingodfrey So if you look here: www.robwestergard.com it says that it's not secure on the top.  I thought that once you bought a domain it's automatically secure?

So Am I wrong here?  www.robwestergard.com

I still understand why it's not secure.  Also, @justingodfrey  can a hacker hack my site since it's not secure?

Super User II
Super User II
Solution

@robwestergard wrote:

So Am I wrong here?  www.robwestergard.com

I still understand why it's not secure.  Also, @justingodfrey  can a hacker hack my site since it's not secure?

@robwestergard  You'll need to purchase an SSL certificate for the site here: https://www.godaddy.com/web-security/ssl-certificate

If you are using Managed Wordpress hosting it comes with an SSL certificate already. Your site isn't loading for me, it appears you're trying to forward it to covertfunnels?

Justin

Thanks @justingodfrey  

I wish that I knew that coming in and just included that within the price.  I feel like I am getting nickel and dimed here!  

Super User II
Super User II

@robwestergard wrote:

Thanks @justingodfrey  

I wish that I knew that coming in and just included that within the price.  I feel like I am getting nickel and dimed here!  

@robwestergard  Not every website necessarily needs SSL. You can use the link in my signature to save money on it though.

---