cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

changing dns nameserver from one another on godaddy does it effect email

as title suggest would changing the domain affect the web email (lose data) ?. if so what is the easiest & safest way to do that.

all DNS are godaddy DNS.

for example i have ( DN .sa I want to move it to DN.com without losing the email accounts).

2 REPLIES 2
Solution

Re: changing dns nameserver from one another on godaddy does it effect email

If you're changing the domain name from one extension to another, you could keep the old domain email address up & running as long as that domain name is still registered to you. . If you were to cancel the domain and switch to a brand new one, then you would no longer have access to the email account for the canceled domain.  You would need to backup all your old emails to your local system prior to canceling.  

If I'm misunderstanding exactly what it is you're trying to do, please provide more detailed info, or give our live support teams a call for further assistance and clarification.  Thanks!

MPC

Re: changing dns nameserver from one another on godaddy does it effect email

thanks for for your answer to clarify more:

DN.sa-------->(DNS1)---------> DN1.com     {Important : DN1.com--->(DNS1)--->moved to microsoft exchange for email services which effected DN.sa who points to the same (DNS1) as DN1.com.

what I want is:

Same DN.sa-------->(DNS2)---------->DN2.com 

all registered to me, and there is no cancellation, also waiting for better solutions.