cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

getting error atfer trying to change custom DNS

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this community and hopefully someone can help me.

At the control panel I am trying to change the DNS to custom, but it keeps telling me this error:

"The data provided cannot be used, please correct it and resubmit your request."

From some reason, I cant attach anything, here is link to the screenshot

The website hosting says problem is on GD side..

Any ideas?

Kind regards,

Gilad

7 REPLIES 7

Re: getting error atfer trying to change custom DNS

Hey @gilad,

First let me say welcome to the community! Smiley Happy

As long as both servers are registered as valid hosts, you should be able to add them as custom nameservers. You might try checking to be sure you didn't include any extra characters such as a 'space' before or after the nameserver as this might be what's causing the alert. 

Another item to be aware of is if you're applying this to a unique domain such as some ccTLD's that may require you to also specify the IP address for each server. If that doesn't work, let us know what type of domain you're trying to make this update for? Possible there's a registry requirement for the domain we might be overlooking. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
New

Hi CG, Thanks a lot for your reply.

The domain is a studioarbol.nl, I have checked and typed few times the nameservers but alas for vein.

Is the IP address is the same as the ftp of my host? Where should the I.P address be written, in the "add IP address" near the nameserver?

Kind regards and thanks for the help,

Gilad

Hi @gilad,

You will need to make sure that the host names have been registered. Also, adding the IP address is not necessary. If you continue to have issues please reach out to our support team. 

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
New

Hi charminggeeky,

Thanks for the reply. I didn't manage to figure it out, literally and figuratively..

And it seems that the host I took has absolutely no idea what the fuss is all about, so they cant/wont help me. frustrating.

If I sum all my conversations and chat up to now, I only need to register my domain (as you pointed out in the link). Further I don't need to do anything.

Ill try to get the hostname from the host dudes, Ill inform if it went well.

thanks for the help,

Gilad

Highlighted
New
Solution

Eventually I moved the domain from Godaddy to my host, that solved the problem.

Thanks people for the help.

Gilad

New

I am running into the same issue with a ".nl" domain.  Perhaps there is a bug with this TLD?

New

Having same issue with a domain I registered with godaddy.  "The data provided cannot be used, please correct it and resubmit your request."

I have a webhosting reseller account with hostgator and already made a hosting for  the domain I registered with go daddy but still same error popping up whenever I change the name server into custom.

I tripled check the host name so I'm still wondering why this error is still there

Thanks