cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

redirect being blocked by Cisco firewall

I have been informed by my networking team that my domain that I am using to redirect is coming from 184.168.131.241. This is the same IP address that zezh.com uses. Since zezh.com is known as unsafe by our Cisco firewall is there any way to change the IP that redirects my domain?

12 REPLIES 12

Re: redirect being blocked by Cisco firewall

Hi @iamdrake

Thanks for posting in our forums. The IP address you are referring to is our default domain forwarding IP address that cannot be changed. You can try using our other forwarding IP address instead, 50.63.202.1 and see if that resolves the issue. 

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Awesome, how do I do that?

Hi @iamdrake

You will need to update your A record. Check out this help article on how. 

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Thank you. Unfortunately no matter what steps I try the pencil to edit the default IP address will not appear. I also tried these steps but still no pencil appears https://www.godaddy.com/help/manage-a-forwarded-domain-19936

Anyone have any other ideas?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @iamdrake. If our forwarding service doesn't work, you can maybe use a different service to forward the domain. I think there are others out there. Alternatively, you might be able to check with your network administrator to see if they can clear your domain as a requestor for that IP address but blacklist all others. I'm not a network admin, but it seems like it should be possible. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
New

I have the same issue. Our administrator cannot clear domains. The tools they use block only by IP. GoDaddy has some bad actors on their forwarding IP and needs to remove those so that those of us that are NOT bad actors can use forwarding and be seen by everyone.

Either that, or GoDaddy needs to provide us with a way to change the forwarding IP and provide us with a clean forwarding IP.

I followed the instructions given above by a different tech and, as with the originator of this thread, I do not have the ability to modify my A record IP. Is this something that can be done by calling in for help?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @EricV. Our forwarding service uses a range of IP addresses dynamically. There isn't a way to specify one to be used or not used. We do try to address any issues where the service is being used by bad actors. If you find such a situation, please use our abuse form to report the domain based on the activity it's involved in (spam, phishing, etc). You can also refer to this article for other ways of reporting.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
New

Thanks Jesse. I'll submit a report shortly. Unfortunately, with our organization, all I can tell you is that the IP is blocked by our IT Security. I'll get more details from them on what they're using as a reference for setting the blocks and submit a ticket.

I am just waiting for the services that I purchased to expire so I can go to another company that can actually help me as this was just a wast of money for me.

New

@iamdrake -- please respond on here when you find one that meets our requirements. We also have some domains on Network Solutions and they also route all of their web forwarding through one IP, so they'll have the same issue. AND they charge for web forwarding, so it's a step backward.

Got mine to work by transferring my domain to google. Got to work today and have no issues with our cisco firewall. Cost was about $14 for the transfer with privacy included. Yes it was an extra cost but there was no way that godaddy was going to get it so that it would work by providing a different IP and with all of the malicious sites hosted at godaddy that caused the IP to get blocked on the firewall there was no way that my work would make an exception.