cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Cannot set up Godaddy email in Outlook 2016 MAC

I am unable to manually set up my Godaddy email in my Outlook 2016 application in my Macbook. I will always get this message "AUTHENTICATION FAIL". 

I made sure that i keyed in the SMTP and IMAP sever correctly, have been trying many times. Kindly refer to the image for my problem belowScreen Shot 2019-07-21 at 5.43.16 PM.png

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Cannot set up Godaddy email in Outlook 2016 MAC

@khidiralhallaj 

You posted 2 items this morning - Can they be merged?

In regards to your question about the authentication - can you post your server settings you have in outlook (blankout / hide username/password in the screen capture)

Often times this is something simple like a checkbox to use a port or something along those lines

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Solution

Hello,

I have solved this problem by uninstalling Outlook 2016 from my Mac and reinstalling Outlook 2019. However, the other question is still ongoing - which is: The mails i received are not synchronise in webmail and outlook even though i set up my Outlook account via IMAP. Thank you

Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@khidiralhallaj 

I'm glad you fixed the error message - as perviously replied can you post a screen capture of the account settings in Outlook, this really sounds like a setting is off somewhere and that is causing the issue.

Here is a screen capture from my Outlook on Mac to compare for an IMAP account

Screen Shot 2019-07-23 at 5.04.19 AM.png

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Hello, i managed to "solve" the problem because i found out that the email "info@companyname.com" issue, was because there is 2 versions of it, Office 365 and webmail/Outlook. This may sound confusing but there is really 2 emails with the same email address, and the weird thing is, mail will only be sent to the webmail/IMAP version and not the Office 365 version. (This explains my previous issue about not receiving mails in outlook because I was logged into the Office 365 version, once I manually set up the same email with IMAP settings, i begin to receive emails no problem)

This whole Godaddy and email account etc. was created by my co-worker form overseas thus i am rather clueless about this IT stuff. Same goes for him as well. Issue is solved but if anyone wish to explain to me why there are 2 versions of the same email address, It will definitely be of great help. Thanks to everyone and especially user @PL281 for your help Smiley Happy