cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Domains and email accounts - OFFice 365

Hi all

Apologies for being dumb here, but I'd like to understand how the domains work.

So I have just bought a domain on Go Daddy, and I intend to set up an Office 365 account to work from. I'd like the 365 account to have myname@domain.com as the main email/login. When I go into 365 it talks about adding a domain and verifying - this all makes sense. However, I then get asked about adding users and this is where I need help. If I were to add a user, it would be giving me the option to have myname@domain.com...but where will this sit? I want it to be a workable email for my Outlook online and application...but will I get charged through GoDaddy for this, or does it fall under my E3 licence in 365? 

In other words: do I need to setup the accounts on GoDaddy as well as 365, or just 365 and it does the work for me?

Thanks in advance 

Harry

1 REPLY 1
Solution

Re: Domains and email accounts - OFFice 365

Hi @harryhspit, thanks for posting.

If you purchased your Office 365 plan through GoDaddy, the emails would be setup and managed entirely through your GoDaddy account. You would not manage the email addresses through another site or service.

Emails setup through Office 365 plans purchased through GoDaddy can be used in Outlook or other email clients.

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 Support | Check System Status