cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Download office onto Mac-app asks for license although I have Business Premium via GoDaddy

I have purchased a Microsoft Business Premium upgrade which includes 5 downloads of Office to 5 computers. In my account dashboard, it shows only 1 download to my Windows Machine. However, after downloading to my Mac, it does't update. When I click on excel in my Mac applications folder, it asks for a license number. Please advise.

2 REPLIES 2
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: Download office onto Mac-app asks for license although I have Business Premium via GoDaddy

@Team_Lawrence 

In office for the mac, it should ask you to "login" to your office 365 account which will then authenticate the license. It is possible you are logged into a different email account in excel vs the one linked with the Office 365 account

You should see a screen similar to the one below and that is where you would sign in

e73d67cd-583a-4a03-933c-2a62341a65b0.png

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Solution

Re: Download office onto Mac-app asks for license although I have Business Premium via GoDaddy

Thanks for your response however, I was able to find the solution myself which is: Go to App Store and select the Office 365 Suite and download it. It will say that is was purchased. Once downloaded, open excel, it will show that there is no license, there will be a choice to use a different account, click on it, then the go daddy office 365 login will appear. Enter creditials and all the office applications will update. On the 365 Dashboard, it will show the download as being to the Mac.

Do not try to download from the Go Daddy Office 365. This will not work even though support had me do that till I figured it out myself.