cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Email REPLY's are going to Gmail Receipients SPAM Folder

I have been troubleshooting this for about  month now, and finally identified the pattern.

Our email is on Workspace version of email from GoDaddy.  (Going to outlook 365, isn't an option for numerous reasons).

If I SEND a new/fresh email, to a GMAIL user... works totally fine.  No issue.  Email is delivered.

If I REPLY to an email FROM a GMAIL user; be it one that they send fresh, or a reply to a reply...
The GMAIL user receives the mail message, but it is directed to their GMAIL SPAM folder, with the warning:  "It contains a suspicious link that was used to steal people's personal information. Avoid clicking links or replying with personal information."

I have attempted to send the reply from both my Desktop Outlook and from the Webmail portal at Workspace; both result the same thing.

I look at the header in GMAIL, and there is NO attachment, there is NO URL's in the header with the exception of standard addresses for godaddy servers.

This is repeatable everytime.

So I don't know if the issue is on Gmail side, or Godaddy side... or where to go to next..    I have to find a solution to this, as email is basically useless at this point, if I can't reply to mail message and have no faith it gets delivered.       

7 REPLIES 7
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Email REPLY's are going to Gmail Receipients SPAM Folder

Hi @ebonovic. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! I have seen this happen before if the original email is being sent due to a form submission or the sender is sending to a different address that gets forwarded to yours. When you reply, it comes from a different address than the message was sent to and that can cause it to be classified as spam. If that's not the situation, I'm not sure what it would be. If it was the reputation of the email server or your domain, it would happen every time. Our advanced support team can check our email logs to see if there was an issue with delivery, but my guess is you'd need to find out from Google why they're classifying the message as spam. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

So that is not the situation (form based email)…. these emails are either from Outlook or Webmail

Per GMAIL, and the message it provides:  "

This message seems dangerous

It contains a suspicious link that was used to steal people's personal information. Avoid clicking links or replying with personal information.

"

There are no links in the email text, or header.

I have also tested this using THREE different computers (2 windows, 1 mac) using Outlook as the interface.  And used the workspace (webmail) email interface.   to illuminate the chance there is a virus/malware injecting something into the mail.      Same result.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@ebonovic I see. Like I mentioned above, our advanced support team can review email logs to see if there is any indication on our end why the message was flagged as spam. You can request that type of review by contacting our customer care team. However, in most cases, you'd need to get the details regarding what content specifically is causing the problem from Gmail. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Do you have any insight on HOW to get that detail from GMAIL.
As all we have access to is the security warning message.       And of course, we have scrubbed everything we have access to in the message (header and content).   

For over 3 months we have been submitting various, "site review requests" to Google get what ever is flagging, cleared.   We have to ever spam monitoring site, and they find nothing wrong...

Community Manager
Community Manager

@ebonovic Based on what's available on their support site, you'll probably want to try using their support forums. Though I think if you have one of their paid services (like Google One), there is dedicated support. 

Thank, you... so one of the recommendations for there... was to go to one of their Check MX Tools.

So I did

https://toolbox.googleapps.com/apps/checkmx/check?domain=tkdtrio.com&dkim_selector=

It is saying my SPF value is incorrect, and can't be parsed

v=spf1 mx include:secureserver.net -all

That is the value I got from other posts here in GoDaddy support area... what is the SPF supposed to be fore Workspace email ?

Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

@ebonovic Try using the following:

v=spf1 include:secureserver.net -all

You can take out the "mx" and make sure that the "-" in front of all is a hyphen and not an em dash. Hope that helps.